Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Repurposed Tin Can

I have been saving tin cans for awhile, although, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them! When I saw Shannon from Fox Hollow Cottage's blog post about how she decorated her cans, I knew I had to do it too! (Make sure you head over and check out her pretty vintage cans.)  

 

Repurposed Tin Can




This is a fun and quick project that anyone can do! Most likely, you have everything you need on hand already. You just need three things, a tin can (any size), spray paint (your favorite color), and embellishments (whatever you have on hand). 

I picked color's that would go with my beach sign, since I plan on putting it on the same shelf. I used Krylon Spray Paint in a brown with gold flecks and then found coordinating material to go with it. 

The first thing you do is paint your can! You can do two or three coats, depending on if you want any of the metal to be seen through your paint. 

 As soon as it is dry, start decorating and making your can beautiful! I cut a strip of burlap and glued it to my can. Then I cut a strip of pretty material that I had found at Walmart, and glued it on top of the burlap. The material had these pretty flowers on it, so I cut one of the flowers out, added some glitter to it and glued it on the can. Then I made a little rolled up flower using the same material, added a little rhinestone to the middle of the flower, and glued it to the pretty flower that was already on the can. That's it! Now you have a pretty can to show off to all of your friends!


Have a Great Week!!

~Robyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkShare_180x150