Sunday, September 9, 2012

furniture redos

How are you guys this week? 

I'm neck-deep in furniture redos at the moment.
I have a whole garage full of pieces to finish, to sell & just to start on.
And twelve, yes, twelve more pieces coming in the next couple weeks from a new client.
Yup. I'm crazy.

So I asked you guys on Facebook yesterday if you'd rather see a crazy awesome dresser reveal or pics from the baby shower I did this past weekend.
It was pretty much divided so I decided to show the dresser now & the shower later this week, kay? 

See, I DO value your opinions.
So come hang out on Facebook and let me know what you think of all my craziness!!

So, my friend had this dresser. 
That was desperately in need of a facelift. 
Want to see what we were working with? 


Isn't it a fun shape? 
I love the bottom of it- it has such modern lines hidden under all that icky beat-up wood. 

And I loved the drawers- 
the bottom four all had curved faces with no hardware which I really liked. 
The top four narrow drawers were flat and had hardware.

We thought about adding hardware to all of them but decided against it because we loved the idea of adding some bling to the top ones later & didn't want it to overwhelm the piece. 


The main thing we had to keep in mind was that her hubby really wanted to keep the natural wood top.
He had worked hard to strip and restain it so it was the requirement :) 

Which ended up working out perfectly.
Check out the beauty after we got through with it: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkShare_180x150